Many fundraising opportunities are organized to help parents defray the cost of participation in the YHS Band. In addition to these fundraisers, YHS has always depended on the support and donations from local community businesses. We are asking parents to ask their employers (or perhaps you own your own business) in hopes of securing needed items. Remember, the more we get donated, the less the Band has to spend for fundraising, which ultimately means more benefit for your child.
- Cases of bottled water – 16 oz. size. We always need water!
WHAT ELSE DO WE NEED TO LIST HERE?
MR SHEPARD HAD THE FOLLOWING:
- Items for the car wash – washing solution, buckets, rags, etc.
- School Supplies – Mr. Shepard is always in need of pens, pencils, markers, highlighters, page protectors, binders, etc.
- Printer Paper – A HUGE cost for us
- Gift cards to our local hardware stores are great! They help when we need to run to Home Depot, Lowes, or Ace to pick something up on short notice.
- Gift cards to our local grocery stores – for the purchase of supplies for the Spaghetti Dinner
Do I Have To Participate in Band Fundraisers?
Short answer: no, nobody is forced to participate in the fundraisers. Every student is responsible for a “fair share.” Students are welcome to help with events like the Car Wash fundraiser to help, or parents can simply write a check for their fair share amount.